To determine which fuel card is best for you, it’s important to understand that there is now a wide range of fuel cards available to businesses. Selecting the best one from the array of options available can seem a big job. But finding the right fuel cards for your business can save you a lot of time and money. Although the various fuel cards serve the same overall purpose, each card differs in what it offers - and the costs involved.
How do I go about choosing a fuel card?
Here are three key things to think about when picking fuel cards:
- What vehicles are in your fleet? HGV fleets may benefit from specialised fuel cards, where mixed fleets may require flexibility and coverage. Car and van fleets will mostly look to cut costs by directing drivers to low-cost fuelling stations.
- What’s your budget? Almost all fuel cards have an annual cost, plus additional charges for bearer cards, network service fees and so on. Most fuel cards will require you to request a quote through their website.
- How can you minimise admin? Most businesses want to reduce their administrative burden and simplify processes like expense-reporting, VAT returns and accounting. Choosing a fuel card that helps you do this is key.
fuelGenie is a supermarket solution and is the only fuel card which is completely FREE. Find out what fuel card charges to avoid.
Other things to consider
In determining the best card selection for your business, it is also important to consider the following important factors:
- Some fuel cards will offer small discounts at selected garages or allow your employees to benefit from reward schemes at supermarket pumps.
- Fuel cards will differ in the ways they help you to keep track of expenditure, from information on individual transactions to monthly overviews.
- From the driver’s convenience through to how much paperwork is necessary to file a VAT return, each fuel card provider operates differently.
The card which meets most, if not all, of the above criteria is likely to be the best solution for your business.
What makes fuelGenie the best fuel card?
Here’s a look at a few reasons why fuelGenie might be the best solution for you:
- Savings of up to 3p/litre by consistently directing drivers to low-cost supermarket fuelling stations
- No fees to pay
- 24/7 online dashboard for easy admin and management
- HMRC-approved invoices for easy VAT reclaim
- Competitive credit facility with no minimum spend
- Unlimited number of free fuel cards
- It allows drivers to gain reward points on supermarket loyalty cards
How does fuelGenie compare?
At fuelGenie we’re confident that our offering stands up against the competition. So much so that we conducted a direct comparison with our closest competitor.
As you will see from our findings, our cost-free model is hard to beat.