Find fuelGenie on the move
It's easy to find your nearest fuelGenie location wherever you are. Just download our Point of Interest (POI) files onto your Sat Nav and your nearest fuelGenie supermarket fuel forecourt will only ever be a couple of clicks away.
Please consult your device user manual before downloading/uploading any POI files to your system.
POI files are provided to help finding a fuelGenie location easier for you and are supplied with our best intent. We do our best to verify the accuracy of our geocoding and keep it up to date for all fuelGenie sites. Files are available for TomTom, Navman, and Garmin.
(Files updated 06/11/2015)
- Download the TomTom GENIE POI.zip file and save it to a location on your computer. Extract the files. This download contains two files: genie.ov2 & genie.bmp
- Attach your TomTom unit / TomTom Memory Card to your computer (see your TomTom documentation for instructions on how to do this)
- Using My Computer (located in the Windows Start Menu) navigate to the Great Britain Map directory or Western Europe map directory (if you are using a MAC use Finder to locate the directory). Copy the genie.ov2 and genie.bmp files to this directory
- Now, using your TomTom, go to Change Preferences > Manage POI > Add POI and select fuelGenie
- To navigate to your chosen fuelGenie location select: Navigate to... > Point of Interest > fuelGenie, then select one of the fuel forecourts on the list and follow the on-screen instructions.
For more information go to the TomTom website
Every version of Navman has different instructions for uploading the POI file. Please download the Navman fuelGenie POI zip file and refer to your instruction manual. You can download instruction manuals for all models of Navman equipment from the NavMan website.
In order to use the POI's on Garmin Sat Nav equipment you need the Garmin POI Loader software which can be found here. Make sure that all POI files (.csv and .bmp) are in the same folder - i.e. if you use these files along with other filling station POI's, make sure these are in the same folder as the POI's from fuelGenie. (Each time you upload new POI files it wipes out any previously loaded custom points so make sure all the POI files are in the same folder.)
- Unzip the POI files into a folder (e.g. 'My Documents/Garmin POI's')
- Make sure POI Loader software is installed and then connect your Garmin Unit (or memory card) to your PC using the supplied USB lead (or card reader)
- If the software does not automatically start, open it now
- Browse for your POI folder and follow the on screen instructions
- Garmin recommend using the auto mode but there is a manual upload selection where you can specify the proximity alert distance for each individual file.
For more information go to the Garmin website