Sat Nav download to find your nearest fuelGenie location.
It's easy to find your nearest fuelGenie location wherever you are. Just download
our Point of Interest (POI) files onto your Sat Nav and your nearest fuelGenie
supermarket fuel forecourt will only ever be a couple of clicks away.
Please consult your device user manual before downloading/uploading any POI files
to your system.
POI files are provided to help finding a fuelGenie location easier for you and are
supplied with our best intent. We do our best to verify the accuracy of our geocoding
and keep it up to date for all fuelGenie sites. Files are available for TomTom,
Navman, and Garmin.
(Files updated 03/10/2011)
- Download the TomTom GENIE POI.zip file and save it to a location on your computer.
Extract the files. This download contains two files: genie.ov2 & genie.bmp
- Attach your TomTom unit / TomTom Memory Card to your computer (see your TomTom documentation
for instructions on how to do this)
- Using My Computer (located in the Windows Start Menu) navigate to the Great Britain
Map directory or Western Europe map directory (if you are using a MAC use Finder
to locate the directory). Copy the genie.ov2 and genie.bmp files to this directory
- Now, using your TomTom, go to Change Preferences > Manage POI > Add POI and select
- To navigate to your chosen fuelGenie location select: Navigate to... > Point of
Interest > fuelGenie, then select one of the fuel forecourts on the list and follow
the on-screen instructions.
For more information go to the TomTom website
Download the TomTom POI files
Every version of Navman has different instructions for uploading the POI file. Please
download the Navman fuelGenie POI zip file and refer to your instruction manual.
You can download instruction manuals for all models of Navman equipment from the
Download the Navman POI files
In order to use the POI's on Garmin Sat Nav equipment you need the Garmin POI Loader
software which can be found here. Make sure that
all POI files (.csv and .bmp) are in the same folder - i.e. if you use these files
along with other filling station POI's, make sure these are in the same folder as
the POI's from fuelGenie. (Each time you upload new POI files it wipes out any previously
loaded custom points so make sure all the POI files are in the same folder.)
- Unzip the POI files into a folder (e.g. 'My Documents/Garmin POI's')
- Make sure POI Loader software is installed and then connect your Garmin Unit (or
memory card) to your PC using the supplied USB lead (or card reader)
- If the software does not automatically start, open it now
- Browse for your POI folder and follow the on screen instructions
- Garmin recommend using the auto mode but there is a manual upload selection where
you can specify the proximity alert distance for each individual file.
For more information go to the Garmin website
Download the Garmin POI files